Thursday, 19 July 2012

Review - Angel Summer Hair Relax Suit

As the summer sun is enjoying itself burning away, and the UV rays are sky high - protection is what everyone needs. Ideally we just avoid staying out in the sun, to avoid the damage of the UV rays, but since it is something done only on films or in fairytales, we have to make our best to protect ourselves.

Today's review is all about hair protection, which more often then not, we tend to forget that UV rays damage hair as well!!

This year I decided to buy for  the second consecutive year the Angel - Summer Hair Relax Suite (Dancoly), which consists of a Shampoo, Conditioner, Shine Spray. 

The three items come is a boxed set, with descriptions for each product, and the packaging is amazing!! Its a great orange colour, and both the shampoo and conditioner have a diamond-like cap, which I totally adore. I have to admit that the first time I had to open the diamond-like caps it was hell - couldn't open them!!


The three items also come numbered, just in case someone gets mixed up! They form part of a 5 step procedure, however I  use the first three only, as I believe it is enough considering that I wash my hair very often in Summer!
The Products:
Summer Relax Shampoo - Containing seaweed and peppermint oil, the results of this shampoo are exceptional. It has everything what I personally look for in a shampoo - it cleanses, smells amazing & moisturises.

Summer Relax Conditioner - Containing peppermint and sunflower oils (was slightly skeptical about the sunflower oil, but it works amazingly), it continues moisturising the hair, and protects the hair from UV rays. 

These two are one of the best combinations ever - I seriously love the results on my hair after using them!

Summer Shine Relax Spray - This oily spray is enriched with pith of seaweed, rose and peppermint oils,to give full coverage against UV rays and needs to be sprayed after hair is styled.
With regards to this product, I was slightly disappointed :( I'm not a big fan of its texture, and hate the feel of my hair after I spray it! Its supposed to make the hair more moisturised - but it hasn't much of an effect on my hair. I personally prefer something creamier, such as the one Angel had in last year's summer edition pack (seen here in the 'What's in my Beach Bag' post).

The pack came with a freebie - which was this cream-coloured bag. Even though it has the logo, which I'm not a big fan of, I am still finding the bag quite handy for carrying a change of clothes with me in my car. It would also make a great beach bag as it is extremely spacious!

The price of this pack was a total of €29.99, which is a little pricey - however it does the job, so I will definitely not complain about it. With regards to repurchasing, I would definitely repurchase the shampoo and  conditioner as they are amazing, however I would try and find a replacement to the spray.

*Pack was bought by myself

Do you have any particular hair care products, you use as UV protection?

             Bloglovin * Hellocotton * Facebook * Polyvore * Pinterest * Instagram: kellinasthoughts

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I don't use UV protection because I don't spend a lot of time outdoors and the weather is often rainy in Luxembourg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i usually just use conditioner before swimming and i wash my hair immediately when i come out of the water. on normal days, i just wash them everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the products sound interesting from ure review, I never thought of hair protection. Its been shampooo and conditioner for me.

    fodder for thought..

    www.styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you blog its amazing! found you on bloggers unite and followed...would really appreciate if you would support and follow mine back :)

    www.allthatisprettyx.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments :)

Really appreciate :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...